View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #1024
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

No we just kepted putting them on the tester to see if they were good before I put them on. My motor came with a 124amp alt and when it went out last month I steped up to the 140amp option for that yr motor and after 2 being no good after being installed for less then 1 day we decided to go back to the 124amp alt thinking that maybe they have a bad batch of the 140's. I changed it out today and got the volt gauge installed in the dash behind the stock bezel (thanks Gringoloco for the thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=251017 ) and went for a drive. I drove around for about 2hrs with the duel engine fans running and the A/C blasting and it never ran so good or at least not in the last month or so or it could just be I have not driven anything but my work honda civic since this started.
The gauge swap went well, I used a $14 volt meter gauge from Napa auto parts and Gringo's thread to put a new gauge behind the factory gauge face. It went well and since I did not do anything different than his build thread I figured I would let you read his for info. Now the only gauge that is not working is my Vacume gauge that really is an Air psi gauge from a c60 or somthing but the new dash plastics only come with "Vacume" as the fouth option for the small gauges. I did hook up the tubing adapter and tested the gauge and it works great. I will hook this gauge up to my rear air bags that I use when towing but so far I have been lazy and have not installed the switch that will activate the bags from inside the cab. I have the switch and it is a simple three way rocker switch that will inflate and deflate the bags with out an electric valve. It is not the best way to go but it is very LOW BUCK and since it is not for suspnesion I figured why not.

I also still need to get the bed line-X'd but I have been spending my toy money on my sons truck. It is a 51 Ford F1 that is getting a 95 T-bird IRS rear set up with disk and bags . The front is getting a TCI MII with PS, Disk, tubular A arms, sway bar and bags as well. Then I picked up a 2005 5.3L Vortec with a 4l60E with only 22k miles on it. I am keeping the body stock with 50 plus yrs of Patina wear to it with some steel rims, trim rings and caps sitting on the running boards. I have all the parts but I blew out my back a few weeks ago so I am a few customer builds behind in the shop. I am starting to feel much better and hope to be back to work in another week or so than once the curent customer build is done I will roll the F1 in and get started on it. I will post a link to that build thread since it will be on a Ford site Take care.

here is what I am starting with.

And this is what we will end up with. I think my son will have the coolest truck in his Daycare

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 06-01-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote