View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Classic69
Love That '69

I killed Bambi....

I had the worst night of my life last night on my way back home after dropping my girlfriend off. I was coming down an off-ramp from baseline road onto highway 216, when outta nowhere a deer came right infront me out of the ditch!! The front drivers side of the '69 Chevy is damaged because of it. I'm ok, considering the truck flipped the deer right into the drivers side of the windshield, it almost came through it too!! The windshield shattered and broken glass went all over me and the inside of the cab. The drivers side of the hood is smashed in and the passengers side is bent upwards, there's a dent in the top drivers side of the front grill, the front drivers side fender is dented in a few places, the drivers side mirror is broken, the flamed rear view mirror broke, the drivers side of the windshield is shattered and fell partially out into the cab, the roof is scratched up and has blood/guts all over it, and there is a scrape along the middle of the drivers side door. The hood is bent shut so I couldn't open it up to see if there was any damage under the hood.

Got it towed to a storage yard in town near 3 collision repair shops. I spoke with my insurance agent this morning and explained everything. They faxed it all over to my insurance company and I should hear back from them within the next day or two. They're gonna have an appraiser take a look at it and access the damage. Then we'll go from there.

1969 Chevy C/10 Truck - SBC V8, TH-350, 3.73 Posi, 1000W Rockford Fosgate Stereo System, B&M Megashifter, GT Grant Steering Wheel, Dual Magnaflow Exhaust System, Dynomax Headers, Lowered 1" Front & 3" Rear, Front/Rear Sway Bars, Racing Seats, 6000K HID Headlights

2008 Chevy Colorado LT - 3.7L I5, 4 Speed Automatic, Crew Cab, 4X4, Z71 Off-Road Package, "Ground Effects" Package, K&N Cold Air Intake, Supermod PTB, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ Resonator, 500W Kenwood / Rockford Fosgate Stereo System, Custom LED Lighting, 6000K HID Low's / High's, Blackcat Customs Gauges / Needles, Carbon Fiber Interior Accents, KrFabs 2" Lift Shackles / Torsion Bar Crank with Rancho RS5000 Shocks, Superskids Skid Plates

Last edited by Classic69; 09-04-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Classic69 is offline   Reply With Quote