View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #23
Psycho71

Re: I killed Bambi....

You need to come on down here to Tx. where the deer are smaller. They don't do nearly as much damage, most of the time. I hit two in 7 days while driving in the Hill Country to go....Deer Hunting! Both times. I was driving a company truck, '90 F-150, and neither one did a dime's worth of damage. I was very lucky.

Just about everyone in deer country down here runs "ranch hand" bumper replacements on their newer trucks. The saying is, "once it's inevitable, CENTER UP!" So as not to damage the sides of the truck. I know one rancher that hit seven in one round trip from San Angelo to Abilene (80-85 miles one way) in the same night. My bro-in-law put a bumper replacement on his F-350, and two months later had one run into the side of his truck. It ripped the dually fender right off his truck. Irony at it's best right there.

It's good that you're OK though, and really good your pregnant GF wasn't in the truck. Sounds like the ins company is going to work with you too. Another good thing. Sux for the deer though, huh? Ah well, there's plenty of them.

Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!

Last edited by Psycho71; 06-04-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote