View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #68
Matt Mann

Re: License/Vanity Plates Contest!

the first car i ever had vanity tags on was a '85 Crown vic police package... It was in decent shape and had a lot of radios in it because i am also a licenced ham radio op...

We found out after driving it for a while that most people thought it was still a cop car with all those antennas on it, especially after I had it painted dark grey.

No lights, no sirens, but it was a daily driver, and it had one AM/FM antenna on the front quarter, and 3 across the trunk, a 102 inch ball mount on the drivers rear quarter, and 2 cell look alike glass mount antennas on the rear glass... It still freaked people out... so I applied for 'TEN 7'... the local police code for 'not in service'... Cops still kept a close eye on the car, especially given my heavy right foot, but the never did more than laugh at the plate...

Also, there was an old guy that used to run around in a porsche, plate was PAID 4, untill he got divorced, and the car disappearred... I saw it some time later, driven by a woman, with the plate 'WAS HIS'

The only other plate I've ever wanted was 'NGDEGUP' - No Good Deed Ever Goes Un Punished
Matt Mann is offline   Reply With Quote