View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Finally got word from PullinTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaylor68gmc View Post
Got any plans for more speed in the future? WHat type of upgrades are you planning to do?

jk, not sure who you were dirrecting that ? towards....., but... not for me. When I built this truck I built a nasty little 383, Lunati solid roller, a 6" rod, JE flat top, 12.5:1 motor, spent a small fortune on a set of overly tweeked AFR 210 cnc's angle milled to 53cc, did a bunch of tweeks to the heads with rolling them over to about a 20deg valve angle, (managed to get them to 305cfm) port matched a Supervic, Prosystems custom dominator. It was fun to set off car alarms in 3 isles of the parking lots, but it SUCKED dumping c-12 in to drive to the store for milk. It went 11's on it's first passes and toasted the trans by 5th pass. Never got the package sorted out before I bought this little shoebox Nova and stuffed that motor in it (the Nova went 10.6's out of the box with the same motor, so there was a lot left to find in the truck) Built a little pump gas hydraulic roller 383 for the truck, scat cast crank, GM X rods and SRp flat tops. Bought a set of the box stock AFR 210's and put a 4150 Prosystems XC carb on it. It did a best of 12.0's but usually 12.3's to 12.5's in our hot air. But was a heck of a lot more drivable, and fun.

So the only change for the truck lately has been I gave my son the short block I have had in there for 3 or 4 years. I freshened the old 6" rod 383 short block, moved the hydraulic roller cam, heads, intake, everything over. Basically just swaped a 5.7" rod cast crank, SRP flat top externally balanced assembly, for a 6" eagle rod, Cola crank, JE flat top internal balanced assembly. Haven't been to the track since making that swap, but now that I've hurt the Nova I'll probably take the truck next weekend for the track 'summer spectatular' show with Robosaurus, a pile of nitro injected funny's, some jet cars and a small invitation bracket race. Last night the race director must have felt sorry for me breaking the car, so he invited me to bring the truck next weekend. I guess we'll see what it will do in the hottest part of the summer! But I honestly don't expect any change in ET. Even tho the internals in this block are capable of WAY more RPM than the other,,, the hydraulic roller is the limiting factor. Heck,, with my luck it may even slow down!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote