View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 02:30 AM   #3
busterwivell

State Farm did something similar to me with my old Dart. I got hit while stopped at a red light. Front end damage. The next day I went to the u-pull and got a bumper, fender, headlight bucket, etc. My State Farm agent sent me to claims center in case the other insurance wouldn't pay? They said, after I sat there for a couple of hours, "We can't locate any parts for your car, so we are going to total it. Bring us the title and keys and we'll give you a check for $500.00". This was MY INSURANCE COMPANY!?!? The engine was a fresh rebuil, d, you could still smell the paint baking! I told them, never mind, the parts are at the house, I got them off all the Dodge Darts sitting at the u-pull for under $100.00. The other company paid me $1400.00 and I kept the car, had it painted, drove it 150,000 miles, and sold it for 2900.00. State Farm is not my insurance company any longer.
My best advise is to get a professional appraisal on your vehicles before accidents happen. Insure them for the appraised amount and you won't have any problems.

------------------
Bill - Tucson, AZ
56 Studebaker 2 dr Wagon
66 Chevelle 2 dr 4 speed
71 C30 Longhorn
86 Monte Carlo SS
96 Tahoe
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com