View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #130
odog

Re: I fought the law and the law won

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
This got me to thinking about my neighborhood. I live out in the country with no quazi-nazi hoa's, but there is still a state law that you can have only one unregistered vehicle and it must be hidden from public view (car cover, garage, behind a fence, etc.)

This is obviously not strictly enforced in some areas. Where the problem comes in is when the farmers sellout to developers and they subdivide and sell to people who don't seem to realize they now live in the country. They aren't accustomed to my rooster crowing at 5:30 (I told him not to, but he's hard-headed...), people running coon-dogs over the weekend, tractors and combines having right-of way, people dove-deer-squirrel hunting, or me taking a leak off my back deck.......
I agree. People who move out to the new subdivisions don't realize they moved to the country. Different rules apply in the country. What it comes down to is one person should not have the ability to dictate what another can store on his land. I wouldn't care if my neighbor had a herd of Lexus' parked on his front lawn, it's his place he should be able to do what he wants, with in legal limits. When I lived in Montana, people in town had roosters, hell the one neigbor to the south of me had goats and a couple of angus' running around the backyard. Didin't hurt anybody and nobody complained, just minded their own business.