View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #178
mnunn454

Re: ATTENTION: In regards to James Blanton aka "tex parts 67-72" and Partner.

I dealt with this guy a year ago. My 1st several purchases through his Ebay store using Paypal were satisfactory. He delivered what he promised in a reasonable time frame.

Then......

I called him and ordered a complete emergency brake setup for my 69 SWB fleetside (The PO had ditched everything). After explaining that I needed (and I quote) "everything in the E-brake system between my left foot and the cables that attach to the backing plates", James said "I know just what you need". We agreed on a reasonable price and I paid him via an itemized Paypal invoice. What he sent me was a bunch of brackets and hooks but no E-brake foot assembly. I called him directly and complained. He sent another delivery after a week or so, which also contained the wrong parts. Finally, after a third phone call to express my disappointment over his carelessness, he got belligerant. I escalated by posting bad ebay feedback plus I sent copies of my documentation to Ebay/Paypal.

I called an alternate supplier in the Carolinas. With a single phone call, He sent me exactly the part I needed in less than a week.

I swore to myself I'd never use James's products or services again. The posts above and his banning from this website don't surprise me at all.

Maybe he should move to Mexico.
29 Model A 4-DR Sedan Deluxe
mnunn454 is offline   Reply With Quote