View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 02:56 AM   #7
cheyenne10

68 In OR

For what its worth and I am not trying to taint anyones sale. A few weeks ago I drove 2.5 hrs each way down to see the 68 on the coast. Had to see it for myself. It really was owned by little old man that died and is now in a garage. It looked to have spent quite a bit of time outside. Rust was too much for me but I'm a picky chicken too!! Was bone stock 6 cyl/4spd. Wouldn't start that day but I left that alone just incase I was going to try to buy. Seller was willing to take $710 at the time. I looked it over and talked a bunch wiht the guy showing it (good small town deal). Bottom line is I walked. Drove home and stopped and looked a a fairly clean 68 C30 with built-on camper. Nice interior some rust. back to the SNB, If someone wanted a 68 running rolling frame with 68 title and had a body to put on it thats what I would recommend. Some salvagable parts nothing to write home about. Please feel free to email me or call me with any questions. These things have different values to each one of us. I have my share for now but wouldn't mind upgrading when chance arrives. Next project is just around the corner.