View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #47
70rs/ss

Re: Who all tracks their spending and plans on their projects?

Nope, my ADD and impulsiveness make it impossible for me to concentrate long enough! Honestly I do not care how much. I took a 99 Vortec 350 into the machine shop for a buget 383 build (went into thinking I could get out fo the there for $1500, but then came the well if this is OK then this is better and I'd want it later, so I should just buy it now and save money by not having to get it later!?)and spent $2600 on a pretty radical 383. What can I say, a plan doesn't work, I am 36 and just found out (actually was told) I was ADD and Dr confirms, that explains why I have been/done things like I did for so long. I am not rich, and rarely throw money away on stupid stuff, but if I want something I buy it. Summit regularly gets $1000-2500 orders from me and if I added up all the money I have spent on the Camaro, trucks, blazers, etc I'd probably die, but lucky for me, out of sight, out of mind! No one understands what it costs to build one of these or any vehical for that matter, until they have done it, then they buy other guy's money pits to save the hassle!

For a new vehicle spin on this, just look at what a "new" car costs!! my 07 dodge is abot $600 a month, plus diesel fuel, ins, tires, intake, exhaust, etc, etc. My older stuff is way cheaper, but most folks would argue they are saving money on a new vehicle vs the money we throw away on our "old" trucks!!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 07-21-2008 at 05:31 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote