Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMc View Post
Well, that is one simple answer.

Thanks

Mick

ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell View Post
how did you do your dash? IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulphurDave View Post
Lots of time, patience, resin, filler, sanding, priming, patience, sanding, filler, sanding.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell View Post
It looks amazing! did you strip off the foam and use fiberglass mat??
Quote:
nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoit454 View Post
I love that dash too but I bet it's gonna glare in the window badly while you try and drive in the sun.

So if you didn't strip it then what was done? Just glassed over the original sanded and painted?
Quote:
I heard people talk about the glare too but this is not a daily driver and gawt damn it looks good!

Like I said about the dash...

It takes a lot of time and patience to get it smooth. It didn't always come out great looking after the first time it was primed, or the second or the third... I mean we played with it and filled in spots and sanded until it was ready to paint. Don't expect to get it perfect in a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoit454 View Post
I know how it is to do bondo work.

I've done body work for a few years now so I've been through it plenty.

I just wondered if you used resin and mat, which should stick very well and hold it's own, or if you used a filler/putty like bodno or duraglass.

If you used a filler I wondered if you just roughed up the surface or used some kind of adhesive promoter to help it stick to the dash.

It looks great, love it. I figure no matter if it's a daily or not it's gonna glare and probably bad, my black one does I dyed in my monte carlo and so did the 86 k10's I used gloss black and they glare, but I wouldn't change it to save my a$$. I love anything and everything shiney, just the white might be too much, not sure.

Also what's bad about the fillers is how they don't stay stuck to things that are common to expand and contract or flex. Being white, that helps reflecxt heat so that might help you alot, and if she doesn't set in direct sun for a long time that'll really keep it nice for a very long time. Just make sure some idiot doesn't jam their hand down on it hard and crack it.
Quote:
Yes we used fiberglass resin and mat to make sure it stuck. After that the guy who painted it took it and did his thing with filler and sanding and getting it smooth as possible. Left it alone for a few months just sitting in the inside of my truck. Meanwhile, I did some other projects and then came back to it later. Had a couple spots that lifted a little and he went back and sanded it more and filled in where it was neccessary and painted it.