View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Interest for High rise(pre-runner style?) Fenders Fiberglass

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
arrggh the most common i see is people like me who had to cut to fit 38's and such, they "clear" the inner fenderwell, but the outer well i .... i was not so nice to the outer ha ha ha
so the articulation i have right now will not carth the fender well as much as i thought it would origionally, but i have 6in skyjacker with add a leafs etc, , did you think abou tmaking a year range specific measurign chart or somethign so people can send you their input on their different builds?
im nto a mold maker so i have no clue what you need, what i did before i cut was place my truck "fully articulated" on a cement ramp (loading dock) and see how much of the fender i had to cut off..
oh well ther's my 4 cents have a good night
I like your idea about making a reference chart. It would help me figure out what sizes would be most popular. It would also benefit the forum, for anybody looking to jack their trucks and put bigger tires, it would serve as great reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 TopCat View Post
I am Running 35's on a 2 inch body lift with 4 inch suspension lift on my 71 K5. Doing some good wheeling and turning sharp at the same time, my tires will rub the front and back sharp points on the inside of the fender. That being said I would only need about 2inch on each side = 4inch but I have plenty of clearance at the top.......... vtblazer's. that Blazer looks KILLER/BAD A**....
Yeah, VTBlazers ride is awesome. makes me wish florida wasn't flat(but we do get plenty of mud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 TopCat View Post
I dont think those look to bad and some thing like that cleaned up would look to have enough clearance for my 35's. You can see what little clearance I have now, now imagine while wheelin.
I can see that there's really not much space.
Those are stock fenders I'm guessing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Rule of thumb...generally here:
33's w/stock suspension - road set up
33's w/4" lift - wheeling
35's w/4" lift - road set up
35's w/6" lift - wheeling

Tow other varying factors are the wheel back spacing and no trimming, these fenders have what's known as a 'fang' and yes, it'll catch.

Given the option, I would have liked to keep the factory lines also but it simply wasn't possible.
...and hindsight being 20/20 and all, I'm glad I didn't seeing what theses fenders have been put through.

I did make a decent attempt at fab'ing up some but it was impossible to keep the stock geometry of the fender lip and achieve the necessary wheel opening.
Thanks for the general info, that fender doesn't look too bad at all.
Yeah, I know about the 'fang's as you called them on the inside of the wheel arch. I would make the lip smooth on the inside, I don't think it would be a problem, and that lip adds a good amount of strength to the whole fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72blazer_mud_bogger View Post
i would be interested in some fenders, however i was wondering if you cna add something on the inside of the fender so i can put my own version of wheel wells in
Yeah the inner lip of the fender would be smooth, but there, allowing plenty of space to mount a modified inner fender.
I'll go grab a pic for an example.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote