Thread: Surf Blue
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #77
Painter D

Re: Surf Blue

The wife's been working weekends lately which means lots of progress for me. First off I received all of my Aeromotive -6 fuel line and fittings , and got my fuel cell plumbed and operating. Instead of ordering a cool cap from Air Ride tech, I found my own fuel cap that looks identical to theirs (minus the tree) at a local marine store for 25$, much cheaper than 50$ plus shipping. A small platform for it to mount on is still in the making ,but I enclosed a pic of it anyway. The stock fuel filler hole has been welded up ,worked, and primed. While I was at it I managed to get the truck to work ,and get the firewall, the inside, the jambs ,and the windshield pillars painted. Along with painting all that stuff I painted my brake booster black, and sprayed some Rhino liner on the floor ,and inside firewall of the cab. I wasn't really up to pulling the motor to paint the firewall , so I loosened the cab up ,and moved it back ,and up to give me plenty of room to spray around the motor. I'm sure I'll catch plenty of flack for doing it that way ,but as you can see it turned out just fine. That being said I wouldn't recommend doing it that way unless you have plenty of painting experience. So now I'm on to the bed. I've decided to widen my wheel tubs in the bed ,but I'm still tracking down some parts to really get going on that. Eventually I want to run some 20x12 rims out back so I've got to do something back ther to fit them. I managed to find some old pics that aren't in digital format of what the truck looked like in March of 06 when I bought it so I enclosed those as well. I'll post more when I get more done. ENJOY.
Attached Images

Last edited by Painter D; 08-17-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Painter D is offline   Reply With Quote