View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #69
satnu

Re: two tone paint picture thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
man satnu, that is a beauty!!
what is the story on it
Ok here goes. The truck has been in my wifes family since it was new. Purchased in Payneville MN April 13,1966. Took delivery and was licensed May 5, 1966. Grandpa drove it to town and back. Down the shoulder of the highway, mind you into town. That is how the mirror got "taken out". It was with him until his death in 1995.

My wife helped him a lot at the farm and he told her when he dies the truck was hers. Thank god her dad said "wait until you are older". It stayed with dad until his death 4 years ago. He mostly took it to car shows and to the A&W on Saturdays. We just had it delivered last week to our home from the polebarn where it was kept.

It had the original plastic covers on the bench seat but somebody, sister or mom took it off!!!!
We have all original sales receipts, manuals and 1966 Chevy sales flyer for C series trucks. The original "protec a plate" is still affixed to the manual with the sales reps signature.

It has a 283/2 brl "3 on the tree". I drained the tank removed the old fuel from the lines, changed oil, filter, plugs. Filled it up with fresh gas and bang she fired right up. Little white smoke from moisture at first and a hole in the exhaust but it purrs like a kitten. Brakes need to be bled and gone through.

I will be posting more photos (from my good camera) after I give it a good once over. Engine compartment is filthy. It not perfect but it is a survivor in it's original form.

Last edited by satnu; 08-19-2008 at 07:24 PM.
satnu is offline   Reply With Quote