View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #105
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Re: No Regrets - The Rebuild post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdeuce80 View Post
i love everything about your truck but the chop...personally never been a fan of them on square bodys, but other than that it's pretty much been one of my favorite trucks since i saw the pics a few years back
thanks Dino... you've got some pretty cool toys as well.

Still working on shocks. Finally got them from Doestch (sp?) and they are really nice; and have the stroke they said they did. Still had to rethink my mounts and I'm still not done with the lowers, as the lower mounts I made just turned to temporary until I pull the axle out and build one last set. I overlooked the overall diameter of the lower shock mount and it is just too close for comfort. The uppers are in place but still need a gusset. With the shocks outboard the frame I will now be able to tun full exhaust. Also Got most of the mid crossmember done. Just have to add a few gussets on the hoop, and flip the frame upside down to do some final welds.

also got some dollies from autobody parts USA that are going to come in very handy when this thing starts to get heavier again. They were very handy for resetting the panhard bar... which is another story I will skip for now.

here is some midweek pics to show what I've been up to over the last few weeks. Please excuse the mess as I am in mid mock up/ build...

4Runner Build

Last edited by smashingchuck; 12-07-2009 at 10:23 PM.
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote