View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #17
big_al_71

Re: Al's 71C10 Rebuild

I was lucky and I sold my 307 engine with tranny to be able to recoup some of the money I spent on my small block 400.
I finally picked up the "400" and a th350 tranny with a 3,000 stall converter..While the truck is at the body shop I am going to make this bad boy look good.
List of things going on it:
March Pulley v belt set up.
New aluminum water pump
new fuel pump
new oil pan
new carburator
new msd dist.
new taylor wires
new plugs
new headers
new holley 650 or 750 not sure yet
billet specialties or edelbrock classic valve covers and matching air cleaner
new paint on the block and heads

It is unbelievable how quick the money goes I have spent over 8,000 dollars in parts so far in a month and a half still have to pay for paint job, wheels and tires.
I bought parts from Classic auto air, Brothers trucks, classic parts & classic performance great customer service by all of them so far.I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes as planned with the body shop and there are no big delays.

I guess jegs or summit racing will be the next vendors that I will try finish buying what I have left before reassembling begins..
Still looking for a reasonable priced vendor for my 18 and 20 combo foose nitrous wheels polished not chrome..

Any suggestions...????
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild

Last edited by big_al_71; 08-21-2008 at 06:34 AM.
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote