View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #116
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: My build. Project Karma. 71 stepside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
Put a section of hose on it and curl it up. Just needs to be able to breathe, but you want the hose long enough so gas doesn't puke out of it.
Got some updates. I spent all weekend finishing up a few things. Modified the exhaust to give me a bit more room where the pipe goes through the crossmember. No pics of that. Installed the carb, installed the dist.. Drivetrain is almost 100%..

Need to run some plumbing, didnt realize you had to remove the pass. side header to fit the starter, so off comes the exhaust for the twelvth time. ahaha

then on to the fun. I installed the pass. side cnotch. I bought this notch from McGaughtys and it fits like ****. Bottom line. I had to heat it up, bend it, and a bunch of crap and there is STILL some gap where the frame curves. I bolted the notch in and welded the rest. Im not worried about the gap between the notch. I mightttt cut it and bang it in place and weld it, but i honestly thing it would just be a waste of time. I would never buy anything from these guys. THis is supposed to be a bolt in cnotch. Bull****....

Here are the Plates for the RE7's. I basically welded the plate on the bottom and ran a bolt up into the bag.

Here is where i first started the notch. Now you see the bolt to the left, with the FRONT bolt in, that bolt hole was 3 inches away from the frame. I had to heat up the notch and screw the bolt in to bend it into place and there is STILL that gap.

You guys see any need to weld that gap??? I was thinking of cutting it and bangin it towards the frame then rewelding it. I just dont think its necessary, but you guys would know.

To be continued.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote