View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
jorgensensc

I've been Cross Pollenated!!! New Project!

I mentioned a few days ago that I was going to be getting a new project, but didn't want to jinx myself. Well it's finally home! Say hello to my wife's new Burb!

This was has been for sale by board member Greg Full for several months now. Unfortunately his father passed away before completing it. I spoke to him a few times about it and went to take a look. Greg made me a deal I just couldn't refuse. Thanks goes out to him for being patient with me while I frantically scraped the money together. I went out Saturday to get it and with Greg's help and his son we loaded her up with all the parts that go with her. He has a great family and a wonderful mother. My wife and I really appreciate the opportunity they have given us to get this beauty back on the road. The Burb will eventually replace the Trailblazer towing it in the pics.

Details:
Almost completely rust free 1972 Chevy Suburban C/20, 402BB/th400, Tailgate/Hatch style rear doors, New paint (medium blue metallic), A.C. front and rear, 3 seats, (the front two have been recovered in new blue Houndstooth), all trim is there, just not all installed yet, all door seals are new (not installed), Gauges look completely redone (not installed), Rechromed front and rear bumpers, lights and lenses all new, new wheels and tires, new brake booster/master, new poly tank, gas door installed, new exhaust with dynomax mufflers.

It needs carpet and reassembly. I am spending some time over the next couple of days to replace fluids before cranking it up. I can't wait to get it cranked up!!!! I Guess I am going to need to learn a few things about Big Blocks and Suburbans now! The only plans we have so far is to paint the roof white, and lower it (just a little) using air ride for comfort and towing capabilities.Ohh, and get some regular original style sport mirrors for it. Just a few teaser pics.
Attached Images

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Last edited by jorgensensc; 08-31-2008 at 05:35 PM.
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote