View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #233
rcrahn

Re: PROJECT "Father/Son" C-20 Rolling Chassis Build

Hello Norm,
Thanks for the nice words about our truck. This is a father son project (with John's capable help) and thus far we are pleased.
Now, about the drop spindles. Early on when Justin started to work on this truck he started by getting these 8 lug drop spindles. I checked with him about where they came from. He said there is one company in S. CA that basically makes all the drop spindles (5 lug, 6 lug & 8 lug) sold by the various suppliers. He couldn't recall the name. But there were issues with getting the fit right, especially on the spindle shaft. He went through 2-3 sets before things were finally right. That was 2 years ago.
As far as what is out there today I believe that you can get an 8 lug drop spindle/ disc brake kit from Brothers and also performance parts.
Google "8 lug drop spindles".

Good luck,

Rich

PS: We normally use a place in San Jose called Power Brake Exchange for all our brake components. For example, the rotors and calipers we used on the 14 bolt (see thread pics) rear came from Power Brake Exchange. Cost $250. I do know those components came from a company named Centric, which is located in Industry, CA.
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote