View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #37
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Airbaggers. Where are you putting your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwtnt View Post
Good Morning Lyrikz,

I did some measuring under, around and anywhere I seen some space and it doesn't look good for you. As some of the others recommended you may be better off with 3 gallon tanks or just installed them in the bed. An idea a friend of mind made to me was to built a box to install tanks in and make them to look like tool boxes. Painted separate from the bed and maybe even a tool manufacter sticker on it to fool onlookers. Good luck and thank you for the offer to check my muffler fit. I will probably take off the cab here in a few weeks and will check it then. I do know it will be tight.

Dont think so huh? I made a fake tank that was 34 inches and 7 inches in diameter and it MIGHT fit... Who knows... I will find out in a few days. Thanks for the measurments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa's CST View Post
I have done a few different air ride setups, cars and trucks. I have always ran and trusted 450 Viair's I run 2 on a 5 gallon tank. I use 1/2" valves up and 3/8" valves down (with the weight helping come down the speed is about the same) the system will allow it to go up and down approx twice and then it recovers reasonable fast usually 1-2 min. I don't have any solution for hidding the tank, I'm not there yet on my project. Goodluck!

I ordered dual pack 400's and a 5 gallon tank. I MIGHT upgrade to another 5 gallon tank later... For what i want it for, if i can go up and down without waiting once, im fine with that...
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote