View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
68laydout

Re: $999 for a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
That's an amazing deal Nate. You should throw out a cost analysis for those that are considering a shop doing their Z vs your new low price Dropmember. I think the costs would be very similar if not in favor of the Dropmemeber.

No doubt it would look better than a Z, and be more structurally sound. It will also help with the resale value of your truck. I know I would much rather buy a truck that the frame had not been cut unless I could verify the integrity of the build.
This could get ugly, but here goes. Maybe if a shop is doing it, but if you do it yourself there is no way cost is comparable. I just got all the info from Nate on what it takes to get a dropmember installed and if I had the extra cash I would go for it, for sure! Since I'm on a crappy budget I will have to stick with the Z route, which will cost me less than $600 bucks total. Little more work than a DM install, but cheaper no doubt. No comparison in cost and I did not want to start anything here, just stating the facts.
68laydout is offline   Reply With Quote