View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #73
PBFAB.COM

Re: $999 for a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpickup View Post
Really happy to hear your constantly trying to upgrade your product. The first time I saw it in classic truck mag. I was impressed. Nice to know your trying to be cost effective. I have a question, Ive already done a Z on my 77 shortbox, and I also notched the crossmember and dropped the tyrod to keep from cutting up the floor. Does this sound like a safe method to you? Iam a good welder, but I would still like your point of veiw.

I am by no means a fan or advocate of "Zing" the frame (no surprise). There are numerous reasons that make the thought of a Z unattractive. However, it can be done, and it can be done safely. I would like to see some pics of the work, and then can give you my honest opinion.

The main concern when doing a "Z" is the structural integrity, second, and not far behind, is the steering geometry. Too often people Z the frame or section the crossmember and forget about the steering geometry. It all has to work in unison in order to have a comfortabl/safe ride.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson