View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
leftcoast66

Re: Pro-touring 65' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
17 or 18 inch wheels, Baer brakes, Big Nasty sway bars front and rear, Watts link out back instaed of panhard, Trailing arm rear with urethane upgrades. Coilovers on all 4 corners. Lowered of course. Normaly Aspirated nasty Ls motor with a built 4l80. Rack and pinion Steering. Recaro seats. Kickin Stereo. Relocate battery and tank to rear. I'm sure I could come up with more! This would make an awesome ride.
+1 I'd o almost identical except for the auto. I'd most definitely go 6 speed for being able to control precisely when you shift comin into corners and such. And being able to heel toe so you wouldn't break the back tires loose down shifting on the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
I got the motor situation covered, but I am rather new to road race suspension...so give me some pro/cons for the rear suspension (watts link / 3 link vs upgraded stock suspension) and front suspension C5 vs mustang II vs upgraded stock...

I am doing coilovers on my 07' TBSS, already has sway bars, Belltech springs, DJM upper A arms, but the ride quality needs help, hence the coilovers.
Watts link rather than the panhard is because the panhard follows an arc since it attaches at one side, so therefore it pushes and pulls the axle to the side during its range of motion. Whereas a watts link doesn't. Honestly I don't know enough about 3 link vs 4 link to give it proper justice explaining, so I'll defer to someone who knows all the details so I don't misinform. For front suspension, I think its more whatever you feel more comfortable with. I think on this board there are a lot more people running c5 so it would be easier since there is the help, but with mustang 2 its been used forever. Upgraded stock would kinda be ugly, cuz the steering isn't as sharp, and a lot more turn to turn. In the bmw world, 2.5-3 turn to turn which is from being locked in one direction to being locked in the other direction is optimal, so I personally would follow that idea, which with stock it has more slop than a rack and pinion, and also you wouldn't be able to get the turn to turn down from stock, because corner carving will be a really lot of work with a lot of turn to turn cuz you'll have to move your arms so much to get it pointed the right direction.

Last edited by leftcoast66; 10-18-2008 at 01:48 PM.
leftcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote