View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:26 AM   #49
jeffs51chevy

Re: Yet Another s10 swap

The build is slow, but thank you for your interest. I've spent what little time I have re-working the ride height of the truck. I was all ready to install the drop spindels and cut an inch from the coils, but I just couldn't do it. The truck was just too high. So now I'm going back through and re-doing it all. For those of you who have followed my measurements to build the cab mounts, I need to tell they will work, but you will have to rely on suspenion mods to get it down to an acceptible range. Here are a few pics of the progress.

The core support was cut off just below the bottom channel after install. The radiator is a 22 x 19 crossflow from summit. Here it is installed.

This pic shows the new bracket that will be welded to the frame. Just 1/4" angle. Notice the inner fender skirt and how much lower it is than in previous posts.

This is the current ride height minus the engine, and still with my goofy 14" tires.

I'm still working out all the kinks. I know many of you have made this swap, and I am probably making it much more difficult than it needs to be, but I want it right. I will post new/updated measurements of everything once I get it all figured out.
Thanks,
Jeff
jeffs51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote