View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #36
pharmd

Re: Pro-touring 65' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
What are you running for a cam and exhaust?

Speeking of TBSS, I'm on the fence about buying my wife a new car in the next year and taking over her 07 TBSS since I use it to tow my truck or by myself a used CTS-V. If I took over the TBSS, I think a nice little 224/230 110/114 would be kind of fun.
Kooks 1 3/4 headers, catless Y pipe, electric cut out for exhaust, the cam is 22x/23x high lift. Its a custom grind from AI. They put a set of their heads on a GTO with a 332/336 cam, and full bolt-ons and it put down 487 through a stalled A4 (this was with stock in take I believe). So I am hoping to see some decent ET's. I am working on a nitrous set up as well...something along the lines of a 100 shot. I'd kinda like to be 12.0 @ 110 NA, then 11.6x @ 115 on spray...I guess we'll see what happens...with AWD leaving on spray, it would be a beast on the street from a dig.

I'm doing suspension work also though, so it will still be able to corner and brake...Coilovers should be here very soon...it already has upgraded sways, and its lowered...but I want a better ride AND handling.

You obviously have to do what you need to do...but I'd get the TBSS...its just too awesome seeing the look on peoples faces when they get spanked by an SUV. If you are able to hang onto it, I think in 20 years it will be worth some dough too. I'm really diggin these classic SUV's...like a late 60's early 70's blazer...the TBSS is the new equivalent IMHO.

Last edited by pharmd; 10-23-2008 at 10:38 PM.
pharmd is offline   Reply With Quote