Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
no_gas_65

Re: CPP Rant !!!

I am new to the whole classic scene, so for what its worth here are my 2cents on CPP..

what has been said about being on hold for ten minutes is very true. but I just relax watch some tv and put my phone on speaker and wait for the service people to pick up.

I am also a cheap bastard and dont want to pay shipping when I can enjoy a brief drive down to the CPP showroom. I have made this drive twice. First was to pick up a gas tank, which was in stock. I did not personally install the tank, but from what I can see it came out clean.

On my second trip to CPP I purchased a lowering and handling 'kit' which includes front rear sway bars, adjustable traction bar, drop springs and shocks. When I paid for the items the traction bar was not in stock so they had to ship it to me when they got it (free shipping ). I went home with all but the traction bar.

For me, I was not in a rush to install the parts so not having the traction bar was no issue. I called a few times to see the status of my order, I was given fair information and my part arrived when they said it would.

When installing the parts I had a hard time getting the spacers inside the shock bushings but with the help of a vice, everything went smoothly. I have yet to install the sway bars but the parts look top quality and I am pleased.

From reading all of your experiences I may think twice about CPP now and do some more research on the different vendors that are available to us. I'm just glad I found this website

Last edited by no_gas_65; 11-01-2008 at 06:52 PM.
no_gas_65 is offline   Reply With Quote