View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #178
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Progress has temporarily slowed. A few little things I've been working on:

Cut the holes in the dash for the stock style A/C outlets. However the templates I got from old air weren't the best, so the first one I cut, I cut too big. So I had to weld some pieces back in, and that area is a little tight, so I'm going to have to get some different sanding/grinding discs to get back there to clean up the welds.

I've been trying to get my power steering hose fixed up. I have a stock high pressure line for the truck, and a stock power steering side for the corvette power steering pump....so all i need is a shop to do for me is to splice them together. Napa (who does hydraulic lines) said they couldn't do it, so they sent me to another shop. That shop said they can't do it either and told me of another shop, but I haven't made it there yet.

I filled in some holes on the top/front of the door that normally holds in the vent window....but since I don't have vent windows....no need for holes. While I was welding on the door, I also filled some holes for a mirror (not the sport style that I'm going to use) So now I need to measure and drill new holes.

On the other door I noticed some rust behind the hinge. So I took off the hinge to "investigate". The rust is worse than expected, but repairable.

I also called one of the references of the body shop that I may have paint my truck. He had very high praise for this shop. I left a message for the body guy to call me, but he hasn't called back (not a good thing in my book....but...) I guess I'll call back tomorrow.

On the home front, I spent last weekend de-moding my corvette so hopefully it will be easier to sell. I also started working out again so that is taking upabout an hour and a half each day, but that's life. This weekend me and the wife are taking a "mini-vacation" to go down to Portland just to kinda get away for the weekend....so no work on the truck this weekend (However I do have veteran's day off ) and may take Monday off too.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote