Thread: Just starting
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
crites_72

Re: Just starting

well heres an update. i posted my my t10 4 speed out of my camaro on craigslist the other day forsale or trade. got an email a couple days later from a guy pretty close to here wanting 2 know what i wanted to trade. i told him parts for my 68 truck. well he tells me he has about 10 parked out in his field and to come look what and see what i need. as all of you can tell i need a bed. so i went down there saturday in hope of a bed. when i got there he showed me a perfect bed NO RUST EVEN IN THE FLOOR and the floor was perfectly straight! i was amazed. he showed me the rest of the trucks in case there was sumthing else i needed. when we walked out behind his house there was a yellow and white 71 or 72, he couldnt remember, with another almost perfect bed one dent behind the drivers wheel well. got to looking closer and this truck was loaded. it had cruise, air, power discs, everything i've been wanting for dad's old truck. and he told me it drove in there the only part to be taking off was the holly carb. now the truck isnt perfect. the guy before him had hit a short pole in a parking lot busted out the grill and bent the nice chrome bumper but didnt touch the radiator or even the hood. so we talk for a while and come to find out he knows my dad and has sold parts to him before he died. so i couldnt resist i had to know what he wanted for the truck. the truck for my trans and 200 dollars pending seeing my trans. so tomorrow i head about 35 or 40 miles over there with my trans. and see what kind of deal we can make. if it works i'll finally have everything i need to finish dads plus some bonuses like cruise and air. hope it works for me. the only down side is im going to have to find new wheels for the 5 hole. o well small price to pay. i'll take pics if i get it and post them tomorrow. oh and im still waiting on my doors to get back soon as they do pics of them too. thanks everyone for the advice on here.