Thread: Header Solution
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Jokers69

Header Solution

I was having problems tring to find full length headers with 1 3/4 primary tube that would not hang below the framerails with sbc. So I got with a local header shop and made a proto-type set and are now ready for production. We use heavy wall 14 gage steel tubing (.083) thick, 3/8" thick laser cut flanges, 14 gage tubing for our collectors and take great pride in our finish work. All of our headers are fully welded around each primary tube on both sides of the flange. This gives the header a more "finished" appearance, reduces areas for rust to start and adds superior strength. We hand finish each port and machine the face of the flange flat to fully seat to the head as well as insuring there is no reduction in flow. We offer all flange options but have found the ball/socket connection to be the best all-a-round connection. They offer a leak-free seal without the use of a gasket, allow for some movement and adjustability during the install and they are much more reliable than a flat flange. Primary tube sizes are available in 1 5/8" or 1 3/4", depending on the power/torque specs of the engine. They are $550.00 bare and $865.00 CHROMEX ceramic coating plus shipping. Here are some pictures and I will post more when I get them back from coating.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jokers69; 07-11-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: ceramic coating price increase
Jokers69 is offline   Reply With Quote