View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #74
NWD02

Re: Finally seeing some progress...

Phipp13, I'm using the Vintage Air Gen II kit. It uses servo motor controls. No more cables to the control and it's all motors which help the blending of air better than the cable controlled flaps. The reason I'm installing the Gen II kit is because of the servo motor controls and it's cheaper than the sure-fit kit. Since I've smoothed out the firewall, vintage air wanted an additional $250 to change the heater core on the sure-fit. The connections on the sure-fit kit go through the firewall still and obviously that's not going to work. I need them to go toward the passenger side kick panel. I'm putting a smooth fiberglass cowl on my truck so the cab vents on the kick panels are useless to me, therefore I'm planning on bringing the a/c lines through the passenger side vent hole after making a solid custom kick panel cover. the cover will not completely cover the vent hole. I'm making a custom panel (possibly a radio delete panel) for the controls to mount on the dash. They will be placed in the original hole. I went with the 4 knob billet controls for the Gen II kit. It's going to look SWEEEET!!!! All I ordered form Vintage Air is the Gen II Evap kit and controls (about $700). I'm running the serp system from a 94 chevy truck, so I went to the local O'Reilly Auto parts to pick up the compressor. I found the correct compressor plug in the salvage yard and will connect it to my Ron Francis Express wiring kit. The condensor and dryer can be bought cheaper than the $200 vintage air wants for them. I will have my lines custom fit later in the build.

Keep the questions coming.... Hopefully this helped.

Oh yeah, I think I'll be doing more work on it during the holidays... so more pics...
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote