View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Short Bed VS Long Bed Fleet Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC71V8 View Post
I totally understand the personal value one places on their own truck. I do not think you are a D$%k. I just think we love the same years of trucks but hve different thought approaches on spending into them. My 1971 GMC is sitting in Florida waiting for me to restore it. But it would cost a just about 2000 to get it to me (in Texas) due to the gas there and back, the uhaul truck rental and the hotel on the way back, plus my time off. So another 2000 in that truck is not a value to me for the end result (restored). I would rather spend the 2000 on a project here that will be a better start and end result than my no option in pieces 1971 GMC. I am sure that someone has seen two similar trucks that only really differ in bed lengthe and can remeber the price difference? I hope or this thread is worthless! hahaha

Did I mention I majored in economics....which is probably why I keep tacking value on everything and creating the cost-benefit question we have here! hahaha
I take it the truck is not drivable? If it is... drive it to Texas

If you look too much into the $$$ aspect of this hobby, maybe this isn't the hobby for you?

Long vs short... I think everyone can agree in the exact same condition/options the shortbed will go for more (not a lot more) but it's damn near impossible to find two identical trucks like that to compare. Usually, price will come down more to what the owner has done to it, condition, quality of work, options, etc.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 11-24-2008 at 02:39 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote