View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: POR15, wtb and how much? And 6 lug rotor question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
Im gonna start on my 67 here within a few weeks. Probably around christmas since I'll have some time off. I usually work on my projects a little bit, as money allows. Sometimes get burned out like that, cause it seems like Id ont make any progress.

Anyhow, Im gonna wait and collect more some parts till around the end of the month, then try and then get a decent jump. First off will be pulling off front end/motor/suspension. Cleaning up and painting front frame rails getting them ready for my dropmember. Get dropmember on, bags & new suspension, 327 swapped in, etc.

I wanted to POR the dropmember, as well as the front frame rails back to the cab. And probably from the cab back once I figure what Im doing for rear suspension.

Anyhow, how much POR should I need to do the DM, and most of the frame? I dont wanna end up running out, nor do I want to buy more than I need, and it be wasted if I didnt store it right.

Also, where are you guys getting your POR from?

I wanna keep my stock wheels for a bit, as they got almost new tires on them. And I dont have the cash for my 22's. I will be upgrading to 73-87 3" drop spindles, and would like to run the thicker, heavier duty disc brakes on them. I've seen aftermarket companies selling the 6 lug rotors to keep the bolt pattern, but do they offer the thicker 1.25" 6 lugs?

I searched, but didnt come up with any answers.

Thanks!!

Not to change your mind, but have you compared POR15 to Rust Bullet?
Sorry I have no clue about 6 lug rotors.
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote