View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #20
AK72K10

Re: Does your wife help you work on you truck?

First time posting, been enjoying the threads, especially the ones containing pics of the rides that well, considering the blood, sweat, & tears (Amongst other things) we pour into them, could very well be considered immediate family by some of us. I know I am fortunate, blessed even, to be able to share this with the woman of my dreams, my bride, and I doubt many 34 yr old guys can claim that. It all started for me in September this year, that was when I purchased my dream truck: a 1972 K10. She gave me the green light and I proceeded to jump in with both feet (And no experience I might add) into a full restore. A couple of manuals here, a few websites there, and several busted knuckles (Not to mention $$, the cases of Guinness Drought, and the mentorship of my Father-in-Law) and my truck is well, on the road. Thankfully my wife is very supportive. We just bought a house w/a 900sq ft garage, and she actually knows as much or more about trucks as I so we put it to good use, and I think the entertainment factor for her was too much to pass up anyways. But it doesn't hurt that she was raised with old school values on a farm in Washington, and that her father had a shop out back where she learned how to weld & helped him build/restore muscle cars & Chevy p/u trucks. Anyhow, she pitches in, even helped me remove and reinstall the hood just the other day (And let me tell you, that was a joy!); couldn't have done it without her. The work we have done and the time we have shared makes me appreciate the rumble of the 350 and the occasional thumbs-up while driving the Alaskan roads all that much more. OK, I digress, I am just thankful that I found a God fearin Finnish gal whos not afraid of gettin dirty, pitches in, and has the looks to match her heart. Only thing is, now she wants me to buy & restore a 68 Camaro with her, we shall see...
AK

------------------
1972 K10 Custom Deluxe 350/350
2008 Suburban LTZ White Diamond
1972 2WD F100 (Hey it was free!)
AK72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote