View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
redneckgirl

Better Late Than Never....

It was pointed out to me today that there was never a build thread for my truck. This is because when we found the site, in June 2006, the truck was mostly complete...When we found the site we were trying to hurry and finish the truck for a show....It was a quick build, with nearly every evening and weekend dedicated to the truck. The only exception was a weekend trip centsless and MoreCentsless (my brother) took to South Carolina to get a replacement bed from member Bryan H.....

This is what we started with....these pics were taken after we had removed the 2X6 front bumper and the mismatched, rusty steel wheels...and all but one was taken after we swapped out the teal/white front clip for the all white one we had planned to use on another project when this one came along. The wheels weren't supposed to stay on the truck, they were just a set we had that fit with 4 tires that actually held air
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  1 (Small).jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1219.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1218 (Small).JPG
Views: 1339
Size:  70.1 KB

We knew that the cab was rough and that the frame was bent. The truck had belonged to a man my father-in-law worked with. He had gotten into an accident after a girl failed to stop when a sign told her she was supposed to...We actually sold him the lovely teal/white front end
About a month later, he passed away unexpectedly and we got the truck from his daughter. Had we not stepped in, she was going to junk it....
What we didn't know, because the outside of the bed looked so good (for this area of the rust belt) was that the entire bed floor and inner bed walls were eaten up with rust...I don't recommend a bedliner for this reason....

Last edited by redneckgirl; 12-07-2008 at 12:44 AM.
redneckgirl is offline   Reply With Quote