View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #35
longhorn70gmc

Re: Are Our Trucks Hard To Find?

There are allot here in the high desert of California. Allot of long beds and an amazing amount of Chevy/GMC LONGHORNS. Parts normally come from fellow junk owners whom you know or have met to get a replacement just short of the parts stores. The local junk yards do have a couple to pick a part off of, but they also like to horde whole trucks and tell you they don't have anything, but yet there are ten sitting there staring you in the face thru the back of the building or in a side holding lot. The Nada web sight gives you a really nice low value price on all these daily drivers, but to get about $2500
to $3800 for a well kept up truck is the norm here. If anyone ever just wanted to get a really nice, rust free truck; the desert area of Cali, Arz and New Mex is a great place to do it. There are allot of local trucks sitting in yards here for whole parts trucks as well. We also have allot of half breads where local owners put other brands of truck beds on there pick ups just to do what it is they feel would make it functional or whole. For example, a 72 pick up with an 89 bed on it from Dodge. They also like to paint these crazy creations with California colored paint that would be very bright and send the message; please look at me. Hopefully in our future Cali doesn't go over board and pass some law that would make the old trucks go away. To walk out my house every morning and here the birds and see my two trucks in the drive way is what makes my day feeling great.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote