Thread: 1962 GmC build
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
1962GmC4x4

Question Re: 1962 GmC build

Well as of this am heres my update. My garage is too dark ofr decent pics but ill keep tryin. 2 nights ago i got the suspension completely removed from both trucks and to my suprise (not really) i discovered i have to move all the hangers from the blazer to the truck. The springs are too fat to fit into the ones on the rear of the truck. And yesterday i went to the 4wd shop and spent a crapload of money on new shocks , bushings and some other stuff (my wife made me buy a grant steering wheel LMAO )

My first question is the leaf hangers on the 62 are bolted on the ones on the blazer are riveted on. Are they supposed to be bolted on the truck ? And if not would they be safe to be bolted onto the frame ? I guess the only other option would be to temp bolt then weld them on ? The weld approach seems to be a better in the long run type fix but there not welded from factory so my guess would be its not necessary.

But let me know what you guys think about it. Thats what im gonna work on today then im ognna work on some much needed wiring probs cause my stuff won't be here till next friday
1962GmC4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote