View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 01:35 AM   #51
1969 GMC

I hope you win in court. Cops by where I live all are from small, rich towns. Which translates into too many cops, and they get bored easily. I was with my friend in his 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse ricer and he was speeding. But, a Sheriff pulled out after him on the highway, and trailed him for a ways. We thought it was weird that his radar detector didn't go off. Well, my friend decided to duck off the highway and go hide somewhere (I know, not the smartest thing to do). We shot off the highway and drove around for a while. We thought the sheriff was gone, and we approached a large intersection that goes from 4 straight ahead only lanes to 3 on the other side. Its hard to describe. We stopped at the light, then when it went green we went across and turned left into a Taco Bell, and the Sheriff flies across the intersection (which had a yellow/red light), pulled into TB, and turned his lights on. He made us get out of the car and he searched it and us. 2 other city police cars came as backup. About 15-20 ppl inside TB thinking a drug bust or something is happening right there. We had nothing hiding in his car, so the search was pointless. Sheriff says he is going to give my friend a ticket for failing to signal the lane change (where it went from 4 to 3 lanes). But my friend calmly and coolly says that turn signals aren't necessary to assume lanes (which is what we did, since the lines didn't go all the way across the intersection). The sheriff gave us a very hard look (we guess he forgot to turn his radar gun on or something? we still are puzzled by that) and left. All proof that ricer cars attract the fuzz almost as good as donuts
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote