View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #353
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

I'm so pissed!!!! I normally don't follow many directions, so why did I start tonight? I thought that I would do something that I could get done in a night. The sway bar was a good choice. So I thought. It came from CPP but all they do is buy it from ADCO. So I followed the directions by cutting off the front frame Xmember lower rivet on both sides. If I had paid more attention to the relation of the rivet to the gearbox I might have seen there was a difference.

Once done I tried to align the bracket with the hole and things just didn't line up. This is the best it would fit going by how the bracket was laying against the frame. I noticed it was too close to the gear box.

I then moved the bracket to the tie down hole. Notice how it doesn't line up with the bar.

I know this can't be right.

I then just assymbled everything and this is where it lined up. Now I've got to touch up my frame and find some more bolts to put in the holes that I'm not going to use.

I could have just left the rivets alone. I still have too drill 4 holes. If this is the correct kit then I don't mind drilling the holes. I just wish the instructions mentioned that. Maybe someone can enlighten me to what I'm doing wrong. The box says it's for 63-72 trucks. I thought about posting this in the suspension forum, but it is still part of my story. I might still list it there. I'm not going to contact CPP cause they have never answered my email or even followed up on my phone call. They were supposed to email me what they found out.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote