View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #20
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Sat pics (12-28) My year in review!

Thanks guys! I'm going to keep doing my best to bring you guys something new every week for as long as I can. So far I've only missed one weekend in the past 14 months. Your feedback is what keeps me going. I'd probably just be keeping these to myself if I never got any responses to them.

Christy has been driving the hound out of the 54 since we brought it back home. Of course we're still working the bugs out of it at this point. We still have no heat/defrost or wipers on the car so this little warm spell we're having is a godsend! I had an appointment to have the exhaust done on it the Monday before Christmas. The guy doing it is good...good enough that he doesn't have a sign on his building, he doesn't advertise, he's not in the phone book and you still have to make an appointment due to the amount of work he has. Well that morning rolls around and I wake up to a chilly 14degrees. Remember, we have no heat in this car. Christy begged me to call and cancel the appointment...that wasn't happening. With a little help from Brian I pulled off what could possibly be one of the most redneck things I've ever done in my life.....

Yep...That's a propane heater strapped to my tripod with some bungee cords! It made enough heat for the trip to be bearable...but I still had ice on the INSIDE of the glass on the way up there.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote