View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #25
ChaseDale3and8

Re: Sat pics (12-28) My year in review!

I love redneck ingenuity! We can figure out ways to Git 'Er Done when we have to! Years ago I helped one of my high school buddies out when he was in college convert his 71 Plymouth Duster from an automatic trans to a 4-speed manual.

While we were at it, we decided to cut out the rust in the floorboards and make some patch panels. Well,he was just itching to drive it with the 4-speed after we put it in, holes in the floor and firewall or not, and since we had pulled the heater core out to replace it since it was bad, it left quite a hole for cold air to come in through.

It was 20 below zero outside, so we just covered the floor holes the best we could, bolted the driver seat back in, and I ended up sitting on the floor on the passenger side with my feet holding a piece of sheetmetal over the hole where the heater core was supposed to be to try to keep the cold air out!

We both had insulated coveralls on but with him driving at speeds up to 100 m.p.h. on the maiden voyage, we both still about froze our a$$es off! It was quite a chore trying to keep that piece of sheetmetal over the hole with him driving like a maniac! We shoulda thunk of that, although I don't know if it would have helped all that much! ...Joe