View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #35
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Re: Who has Subs under their seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK72K10 View Post
Sheesh, tough crowd! C'mon Bama, guys, that first post (Ahem..."Heaters" , "Real Flame Jobs", ect.) was mostly my sarcastic side making a poor attempt at humor, that being said, heres another:

You are trying to upgrade/add components to your rig but are runnin out of space, right? Money is an issue so moving the tank or buying smaller components is out. The way I see it, that leaves you with a couple options , if you were bound and determined to fit those 12's under the seat you could (* Now I have to borrow one of our UK friend's terms), "French" a couple of mounting brackets or add a few spacers (NOTE: Phone books may be too unstable and lead to accident or personal injury) designed to elevate or RAISE the seat a couple inches, hence giving you additional clearance for your 12's (Or Bazookas!), then you bolt em in, and reinstall seat leaving you plenty of space for additional amps/cables/cd changer (Best of all you keep that undersized container of extremely flammable liquid snuggled up behind you in the cab!).

Speaking of phone books, I had a theory and wanted to test it out so I placed one on my stock seat in my 72, slapped on my 10x cowboy hat , and hopped inside the cab. I was able to sit comfortably and not bump my head so I am absolutely positive this just might work. But if not, then there is always option #2:

Remove seat, trace the subs outline on floor in chalk (I know you have seen CSI), take your sawzall and cut out said outline, "French" (* See above note) up a couple of brackets, mount your subs (Comes with option of using duct tape and scraps of blue tarp for in climate weather), reinstall seat & other components, and WALLAH! sweet sounds of music!

All that being said I agree with special-K:
"...it`s a trade-off and a matter of personal opinion,preference,and priority."

Except my cab tank hold 16 Gallons...

AK

"Why Build It If You Can't Drive It?"

Are you deliberately trying to be offensive or does it just come naturally?

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote