View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
BarryB

Re: Freshly rebuilt 350 burning oil and tappet noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
If the shop that built it has stayed in touch with you then I would expect them to pay for it. Sounds to me you need to take it out and have it looked at. You say you built it over Christmas and then drove to NY. That's not a good way to break a engine in. To many RPM's up front want help seat everything properly. The engine needs to go through cycles of warm up and cooling off.
Yeap I agree, only way to get to the bottom of this is start tearing the motor back down until, the problem is found. I had a motor I built myself, It was using oil but didn't smoke. When I finally tore it down, I found I had a broken ring on #5 cylinder. That doesn't cause lifters to start tapping and loud banging noises.
I mean if you already have that much into it, you need to find out whats wrong. But if you decide to wash your hands of it. contact me, I'll come get it.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote