View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #60
sflanagan

Re: Freshly rebuilt 350 burning oil and tappet noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavotter333 View Post
Greetings,

Well Sean I am sure if you use your imagination you will know where I had the engine built. There are not to many shops like this in Bakersfield that specialize in race engines. I have been keeping the name out of this as its not at all relevant for the suggestions of the other forum members and If its a bad outcome its between my self and the shop. I truly believe that the guy that built this engine knows his stuff but wanted to throw it out there and get some other opinions about what it could be so I am more informed.

I have to say I have had a good experience in Bakersfield. Lived in SF and never had a reason to visit. When my motor blew up a fella from there stopped and helped me. I crawled the truck back to his place and he tried to fix the bent lifters and shot engine. Its people like that that make me love this country. The good ones still exist there just spaced out.
Thanks for the good reference to bako..lol. Some people just think it's the armpit of the state and stay away from it. It sounds like you got a taste of "the good ole boy" mentality. I try to do the same when I see stranded motorists. I've had my fair share of breakdowns with my truck and it's nice to get help!!

As for the builder I do have a pretty good idea who it is like you said. Especially since he' been helpin you throughout the troubles. I hope you can get to the bottom of your problem soon!! Keep us posted on what it was...

68 Chevy fleetside/shortbed, 350 eng., alum. heads, 10 to 1, 430 hp.
sflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote