View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #86
sflanagan

Thumbs up Re: Freshly rebuilt 350 burning oil and tappet noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavotter333 View Post
so ill repeat my self again. I do not have an issue with the builder of this engine. Again i do not have an issue with the builder of this engine. Do i need to say it again. Nor the price paid. And again.........

Actually its far from junked, the engine still runs and its done over 4500 miles. I stopped driving it when all this happened before i knew if it was serious. This is why i originally posted the thread. Again we are still going on about price. Let me tell you how it is at the moment. The builder of this motor will not only at his cost entirely ship the truck back to bakersfield will cover the cost of a full rebuild if necessary. There is no reason nor was there for legal action or for me to run around having a tizzy fit and getting all cranky pointing the finger at someone else. This could very well be entirely my fault. Who knows. Something that i see a lot of here is people who are truly not responsible for there own actions in life and are the victim of someone elses issues. There is merely inconvenience on my part and my beast will not be around for a week or so. Shal we do some maths here. Humm 800 each way for shipping 200 for extra insurance due to the nature of the vehicle and possibly a totally new engine. Even just the parts alone. Wow that might cost more than the original job.

Will your cheap re builder warrant his work with something like that. I very much think not. Remember its the other side of the country not just up the road. Now if you want to rubbish him any more. Would your builder start building you an engine on xmas eve and have parts come emergency express on fedex so that in 5 days you can have an engine to continue your drive to new york so you don't loose the job your relocating to the other side of the country for. Help you organize a rental car and drive you 20 miles to pick it up so you are not trapped in a strange town for xmas and can go and spend time with your friends. Get 2 of his workers to also commit to loosing there xmas. Anyone that posts on here anything about money again will be shunned to the highest degree from me. Questioning the ability or integrity of the builder or the work-componentry or 30 or so years of experience he has doing this has achieved what for anyone that reads this in the future.

This is nothing to do with my original question and is totally counter productive. You also have no idea what was done or the full list of components or the hours of labor that were billed. All this opinion and no one bothered to ask how much you pay a really top guy to do this. Just that there mate can do it for less. You have not driven nor have you herd this motor. As i have said the one mechanic that worked on it here was absolutely blown away by this motor when he drove it. He is also not backyard bob. The man drives the most amazing mustang i have seen in a long time. It would blow anyone away and he commented that my truck weighing 2 times as much would leave it for dead. The speedo moves like a tach in a 4 cylinder. It is seriously fast even with such a tiny carb.

I do not want to fix this motor my self nor do i have any intention of taking it to anyone locally for repair. I was just looking to learn more and seek information on what could be the issue.

I would most certainly and will in the future have engines built at this very shop. I actually miss the attitude from california as it seems to not be as petty, pessimistic and miserable.

The slightest thoughts of it being the cam has resulted in it going back to ca. I have felt the rockers move and the push is not as far as the rest from this rod. It is not bent and all looks seemingly healthy above. I would doubt that its killed the piston as its moving less and not more. I do not however have xray vision.

and now for a treat for you all. Here she is in white sands new mexico. Which is odly enough more than 50 miles from bakersfield. Are we to start a new thread on if the gypsum got into the motor and killed it. Come on. Constructive comments here not crushed egos please..

Actually i believe that costs out west are less. From what i have seen on offer in ny or jersey you seem to get better value from ca. I am not talking about mechanics. Performance engine builders. The top ones. Not the one at the gas station. From people who were already working on engines when this truck came out and have a wall full of trophies from race engines that they have built.

This is not the shop i went to however they dont make 2.5k engines either. T

nice!!!!!

68 Chevy fleetside/shortbed, 350 eng., alum. heads, 10 to 1, 430 hp.
sflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote