View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Converter Brands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
What died in the glide?
The Kevlar band went in 4 passes, no transbrake (took me out of the Pinks all Out in Phx) Bought another band out of my pocket because they wouldn't warantee it,,, 8 passes it went again, again wouldn't warantee anything. Took the trans to Hughes, they replaced the junk input (that was supposed to be some BTE bad dawg piece but wasn't), replaced the valve body, front pump, high gear drum, servo and band, did a normal Hughes freshen (soft parts, steels and frictions) ,,,,, 2 years, just over 125 laps and not a hint of a problem now. I tried cheaping out and saving $800 because BTE had a special on Dedenbear case glides (Hughes SFI case Top sportsman glide was right at $4k at teh time). Cost me over $1500 to fix. Should have just bought a Hughes in the first place. BTW,, looking for the receipt for the repairs to be exact on what they replaced, I found the original receipt from Oldani,, I was wrong,. it wasn't a $2300 glide, it was their $3200 Top-Sportsman glide. But they wouldn't warrantee it in a 2900 pound, 9.teen second door car. Yeah,, I'm pretty soured on BTE!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote