View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #120
gavotter333

Re: Freshly rebuilt 350 burning oil and tappet noise.

Hello there all,

Unfortunately I don't have the wonderful news that I wish I did. The truck is still here with me in NY and despite many promises that It would be picked up and repaired. It has not been. There is no action an lots of talk. For this reason I will still leave the name of the shop out of this and put it down to a really bad experience. I have left this with my bank as they have decided to refund the cost of the motor in full as it is very much defective. Check with your state as you have many rights and processes that you might be totally unaware of. I had no idea that the simple act of purchasing this with my debit card covers me against shoddy work. Put simply I paid for a new engine that worked and not one plagued with problems. Look at the photo below. This is what happened when it was driven 6 miles to a mechanic on the builders advice to be looked at. The cam is not only flat but it has rendered the motor as junk. (oh the rocker that has a hole in it is not the one that originally had an issue)

As I was sold something that is not what it is it seems that I might be able to just throw this away and buy another. I was totally reasonable with the builder and gave every opportunity to fix his problem. He continuously assured me that he would fix it and well a month later its not even begun.

However I need my truck and paid for a motor that I did not get. Its in the hands of BofA now and I am not the one at fault here. I am however looking into a replacement and will move on and forward. The miracle of the chargeback. For everything else there is VISA card.............

I wanted to thank everyone that offered suggestions and Guess this is the last post on this subject.

Hopefully my next thread will be one with a more cheerful ending.
Attached Images

gavotter333 is offline   Reply With Quote