View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
Sinisterspeed

Re: The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

This is kind of a play by play when I went to check on it:

Ok now for the update. Went down for my bi-weekly check on the progress. It hasn't moved AGAIN! I finally had to do it. I found the owner while he was eating lunch and,

I asked him "Where do I fit in the schedule. You said a month or so we are sitting at 8 right now"
I explained I didn't want to be a jerk but I had recently been laid off and wanted to make sure I saved the money needed to pick it up. He then began to tell be about all the collision work in the shop has been holding him from working on it.
I interrupted with "FOR 8 MONTHS?" (somehow he actually believes that!)
He said "he just hasn't had time to finish it up with the storm damage that had been steadily coming in."
I then asked" So let me get this straight. So I will get my project worked on when there is nothing left to work on in the shop?"
He said" Well, Yeah pretty much. I need to get the collision work done first. No insurance company is going to wait until I get your truck done."
I said " Fine, I understand that but, Imagine if I was going to pay you the same way. Once there is nothing left for me to spend money on I will get around to paying you"
He then asked "if I knew someone else that had time to work on it they could."
I said "NO way! I brought it here cause you do good work. I don't want a POS job that everyone is pointing at each other as the reason therefore I would be left with something less desirable and everyone else claims its the others fault."
I again explained "the first reason I brought the bed to him was damage that happened while moving from one shop to another because of the same reason, and I would rather it not have it happen again."
He said he wished he could hire a part time body man to finish some of these big projects that he had.
He asked me "if I knew anyone or if I would come down and start blocking it out."
I said "I might"

Late yesterday afternoon I went down and talked to my Buddie Carl that got laid off from Freightliner with me. Since he was the bodyman I thought he might have the skills not to mess it up and be willing to help me out with this issue.
He Said " Ill bring home my body tools from my Uncle's shop this weekend and give you a call on Sunday."
He said he would be able to give me a better idea of his schedule next week by then.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote