View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #37
66Z71

Re: Another Crewcab build

Finally got some more done. U-pull it had a half off sale this weekend. I picked up two more sets of doors, one set for the rear doors, and one set for donor parts for the fronts.
Half of what I did today was re-doing what got done last weekend. Getting the top rear corner to work out took a couple tries. At first I just cut the window post loose, and tilted it back straight. That ended up being about 3/4" too tall to the top corner. I ended up cutting the corner 45 degrees to the back side. I cut a piece out of the top of a junk door at 45 degrees from the top.

The lower inside corner is tacked in place. The outside will go in tomorrow. That is a huge window.

I spent some time measuring the rear door. I had arbitrarily decided to shorten it 10". If I shorten it 10-1/2" the top of the door will be long enough as it is. I can just cut it like I did the front door without using any extra door parts. I'd only have one weld right at the corner. At least I haven't cut anything that can't be fixed yet. Now I just have to figure out where to cut the inside of the door. I guess the first thing to do is look at the window crank, and see if I can shorten it.
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote