View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: My 03 Yukon XL Denali has some battle scars

dont feel bad Jacki.. mine decided to do its own thing this morning. was kinda entertaining honestly.

traction control was on cause it does that unless ya tell it not to

raining, not slick roads, normal wet conditions.

I stop at the intersection to cross the main 2 lane in town to get to the school. step on the gas and the truck thinks its lined up at the drags warmin up the tires... im still half asleep n think .. hurm.. wonder if theres oil or somethin on the road here... so i get traction n proceed across the road.

get to the next stop sign and go to turn left n the tires start spinning (mind you im 300 ft from the school entrance now) and me being me just went with it to see what wanted to break.. silly yukon thinks its the camaro or something and goes sideways into the lane, let off gas (had to stop to turn in school ) and went hurmmm this so isnt right but weee

there is a line going into the school, so i start edging in so someone will let me in line. a lady waves me across, traffic infront of me moves.. so i hit the gas. now mind you i TAPPED it,not even 1/4 pedal.. and guess what... the tires start spinning. now my kids are lookin at me like uhm why? the folks in line are lookin at me like uhm how? and im just lmao.. i hit traction control off at that time and the truck kicked it in fine. roll forward a few feet and stop waiting for the line to go and the rear sounds like it blows up.

daniel says, mom whys it sound like thunder is under the truck now? i said hell if i know, guess the traction control borked n somethin broke. so i let the kids out, proceed slowly out of the school parking lot (tc still off) and punch it at the stop sign turning right out of there. Truck grips fine, handles fine and acts right.

So I went got coffee called j asked him if he wanted anything n told him to take it to work n trade it in. hes like uhm why, so i laugh n tell him whats up, said but ill talk when i get home. left tc off came home and told him the whole story.

This is why I dislike computers that take control for you. Its kinda cool in certain situations, but its kinda freaky fun in others. Now could you imagine if it was Sabrina soccer mom driving.. shed prolly be balled up in the road crying AAA HELP ME AAA HEEELLLLPPP MEEEEEEE

ok, i had no reason for this post. just found my mom mobile to be entertaining today and decided to share
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote