Thread: Door vin plates
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #21
jbristo67
resident oilfield trash

Re: Door vin plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
A VIN in the glovebox is 100% absolutely useless in the eyes of the law. The glovebox door is a removeable part and not considered a proper ID. Even if you don't have inspections, if you get into a wreck, Police officers (at least around here) write the VIN number off the VIN tag and not the paperwork. I would not even began building a truck unless I had it had a VIN tag. There have been true horror stories about people restoring vehicles only to find out they were stolen and have them seized and returned to the owner it was stolen from - no matter how much money you put into it. You could check to see if you're truck is correct by checking the VIN # on frame, but I'd still want the tag and would wonder why its gone. Just my nickel's worth of free advice...
I have checked the frame to the title. It is good. I guess who ever the last body man was a short bus rider from the best I can tell. I would rather have the tag to but I have all of the paper work so I am good with what I have as long as what you say is true about the frame.

1986 Honda 70 Fourtrax

1991 Chevrolet K5 blazer 2wd

1982 Mastercraft Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2011 Nissan Armada

jbristo67 is offline   Reply With Quote